Participate in one of the biggest annual cancer walks in the Chicago area.
This year, the sixth annual Chicago-area Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure will be held on Sunday, September 20. The event will take place at Yorktown Center in Lombard, IL, which is roughly 30 minutes outside of downtown Chicago.
The race day schedule for the Komen Lombard race lists the start time as 8:30 a.m., but the race site will be staffed and open by 6:30 a.m. A Survivor's Parade will take place at 7:30 a.m. and conclude before the race begins. If you are planning to attend this event and are wondering how much sweat you'll be producing in the name of cancer awareness, take heart: This will be a fun, mild 5K race of about 3 miles.
There are various levels of registration fees for this event depending on when you sign up. You can learn more details about this event by visiting the Komen Chicago Race for the Cure website.
The Susan G. Komen Foundation assures participants that 75 percent of all money raised from race entry fees will go toward supporting and educating local Chicago-area residents about breast health. The remaining 25 percent will be added to Komen's national program coffers, which benefits the foundation as a whole.
You can participate in the race solo or as part of a team. There will be a Team Tailgate area provided to give teams a place to gather both before and after the race.
The Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago wishes all participants a fun and successful fundraising event at the Komen Chicago Race for the Cure!